Sinolytics offers a position for cyber and data security strategy and regulation in China
Consultant / Analyst for Cyber and Data Security Regulation in China Sinolytics is a growing and fast-moving business consultancy with offices in Beijing and Berlin. Our diverse group of experienced experts share a passion for analyzing China’s development and love combining in-depth research and hands-on problem-solving.
As a member of our regulatory team, you will play an important part in advising international firms on cybersecurity compliance and strategy in China. You will be able to hone your analytical, research and communication skills by working on a diverse spectrum of client cases, collaborating closely with some of the largest global corporations.
Your role in our team:
- Conducting regulatory compliance audits and supporting certification processes such as for MLPS 2.0, cross-border data transfer, personal information protection, product security, etc.
- Designing and preparing risk assessments of corporate IT infrastructures globally and in China from the angle of the fast-developing Chinese cybersecurity regulation; providing strategic advice on company’s IT set-up in China
- Take on significant responsibilities in managing project modules and creating deliverables
- Close interaction with corporate clients, presentation of findings and assessments in internal discussions, client interviews and client meetings
- Supporting product development and business development in our cybersecurity regulatory team
- Participating in other regulatory compliance projects as needed, esp. in Corporate Social Credit System project
- Collect, summarize, and organize relevant data and information into accurate and timely output
- Preparation of project deliverables: client briefings, presentation materials, reports, etc.
Requirements for a cybersecurity analyst or consultant position: :
- Education: MA in cybersecurity, law, political science, China studies, IT or other relevant area
- Experience: proven track record of dealing with IT infrastructure and/or regulatory compliance and legal matters with a focus on cyber security regulation or auditing, certification as Data Protection Officer is a plus
- Expertise: Technical knowledge of IT systems, software, technical aspect of cybersecurity
- Strong analytical abilities, high precision, curiosity, and passion for continuous learning
- Ability to work independently and self-driven in a fast-paced environment
- Consultant position requires at least 3-5 years of work experience, for analysts there is no minimum threshold
- Proficient Chinese and English language skills
- Required materials: Letter of motivation (max. 1 page) and CV
- Application deadline is 15 July 2022
- Please send your documents (in English) to email@example.com.
Internship Program (Berlin or Beijing Office)
We are happy to receive applications for internships during the second half of 2022.
Sinolytics will accept applications on a rolling basis for paid full-time internships with a minimum duration of three months. The internship program is open to current students or recent graduates.
Sinolytics is a young and fast-moving start-up in the center of Berlin. Interns will have the opportunity to contribute to challenging analysis and consulting projects, to work with a team of experienced and dedicated China experts and to gain first-hand experience in China-focused strategy development and business advice.
- Studies in economics, business administration, political science, China studies or other relevant field; applicants with background in computer science or engineering are welcome to apply
- Excellent Chinese language skills (speaking and reading at HSK5 level or equivalent)
- Strong analytical abilities on China-related topics
- Experience in living/studying in China and at least one working experience/internship relevant to Sinolytics’ work
- Curiosity, openness to challenge and rethink conventional assumptions, and dedication to understanding today’s rapidly changing China
- Professional English skills
- Letter of motivation (max. 1 page)
If you would like to apply for an Internship, please send your letter of motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate your dates of availability as well as your preferred location for the internship. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to two interviews including a Chinese language test for non-native speakers.